Join the Sports Club and get involved
Membership of Bourn Sports Club entitles you to a range of benefits:
- Unlimited personal use of the tennis courts at the Jubilee Recreation Ground in Bourn
- Free membership of British Tennis, which entitles you to the Wimbledon ballot
- Rent the newly refurbished pavilion and sports facilities (for just £25 per half day)
- Free or reduced-cost activities and coaching throughout the year – see events and calendar
To join please fill in the membership application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to get involved in advancing sport in our village, either as a committee member or simply to suggest and organise a new activity / competition then please use the contact form to get in touch or simply email email@example.com
- Please book a court by using the booking sheets outside the Pavilion. Please note that only members can use the tennis courts. Please contact Gill Pountain firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to purchase tokens for lights for evening use.
- Mini and junior tennis coaching on Sunday mornings.
- Beginner and an intermediate adult coaching sessions on Thursday afternoons and a junior session on a Saturday or on a Sunday afternoon during the summer.
- Ladies tennis – currently taking place on a Tuesday afternoon and on a Friday morning.
- Men’s, mixed and ladies tennis teams – entered into the Business House League during the summer.
- Junior cricket coaching on our all-weather practice pitch for boys and girls aged 4-13 on a Thursday between 4:30 and 7pm in the summer term. All equipment will be provided.
- Five-a-side football – on Thursday evenings (and under lights on darker nights).
- Monthly junior football on a Saturday — please do let us know if your son or daughter might be interested.
- Boxing Day Football for all the family!
- Giles Nelson (Chairman)
- Joy Naylor (Secretary)
- Lottie Phillips (Membership and Treasurer)
- Gill Pountain (Junior Tennis Organiser)
- Steve Baker (Safeguarding Officer)
- Ben White (5-a-side football coordinator)
- James Hodgson, Gareth Jones, Des O’Brien, Rilla Molnar (Ordinary members)
To contact us, please email email@example.com
Facilities and location
The Sports Club owns and maintains the following facilities:
- Tennis Courts
- Floodlit football
- Table tennis table
- Cricket nets and equipment
- Club house (available to rent – see Renting the club house)
The Pavilion can be found at the Jubilee playing field
Renting the club house
You can now hire the newly refurbished pavilion and sports facilities at the Jubilee Recreation Ground in Bourn. This modern facility is adjacent to the tennis courts and contains:
- Fridge and freezer
- Table Tennis table and equipment
- Seats and tables
- Toilet facilities
- Sink and food preparation area
This costs £25 per half day for members and £40 per half day for non-members.
Please contact the secretary to book your event – email firstname.lastname@example.org